Friday, 14 December 2007

Christmas Decorations


ooohhhhhh I do LOVE Christmas Decorations, I have so many pretty little things I have collected over the years & I get very over excited when it's time to retrieve them from the cellar.
This year I have a few new arrivals, this funny little Danish doll that Russ bought me.

and this googly eyed bunny


made by kwoozey sent to me in one of the best packages I have EVER received from Pip at Meet Me at Mikes (resason to be revealed later!)
Also in the package was this rag doll


made by One Red Robin, she is looking particularly comfortable sat on my sofa, whilst waiting to be wrapped up and put under the tree.
At last I can photograph the 'Little madam Angels' in their natural environment!



I must remember to keep one for myself.

The studio is coming along nicely. Originally we did think we would be in before Christmas, but I have watched far too many house programs, to be acutely aware that you have to have expect delays & additional expenses. At the moment it looks like this, looking in & looking out.


We now realistically think we will be in the end of January, I am SO looking forward to having our flat back just as a home. Before we went travelling Russ and I both rented studios. Mine was in this old architects premises in Belsize Park (It was beautiful, Norman Foster designed the stairs!)


To get there and back I had an hours walk across Hampstead Heath it was perfect, no standing on a stuffy, over crowded tube. I really miss that walk, living in a city & working in doors all day it is easy to become oblivious to the changing seasons. I often think I should just go for a big walk in the morning before settling down at my desk, but I am always too impatient to read my Etsy mail! Russ, bless him, has been working in the mess of our kitchen for the last 7 months. Which consequently means he has been doing most of the cooking & washing up. Also lately moving his huge computer on & off the kitchen table so we can repay friends for lots & lots of over due dinner parties, we couldn't leave it any longer it was getting embarrassing!




I am looking forward to getting my hands back on this rustic shelf that I have half heartidly hung things on, I want to beautify it!

Today we have been sharing the lounge, whilst the builders pull up floor boards & lay cables........oh did I mention, I am REALLY looking forward to the studio!!!

20 comments:

  1. How exciting to see this process happen outside your back door. It will be so much fun to decorate your studio, I bet you can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mandy...you inspire me to not be ashamed of my small space. I know you are MORE than ready for a real studio,but you have done so much with the small space you have had to work with. It's nice to know that you DON"T need a grand room to be successful...it HELPS...that is for sure:) I think I will post pics of my little space next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just dropped in to say congratulations on being featured in the latest Frankie magazine (www.frankie.com.au). I enjoyed reading your interview.

    Also a nice surprise to see one of my dolls making itself at home on your couch :-)

    Kind regards,
    Jhoanna

    One Red Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh... what a wonderful works!! I love especially the girls and rabbit illustration... it's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely christmas decorations! i hope you have a lovely peaceful christmas time (and that your studio is finished asap!!)

    www.tinyhappy.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh.. i like seeing little bits of Melbourne in your house! Thankyou for your kindness, generosity and inspiration this year, Miss Mandy. I love what you do.. and you do it really really well. xxxx xxxxx xxxxx

    pippy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your angel tree decorations and you studio will be wonderful too, something to look forward to after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just as excited for you to get your studio built and flowing with your wonderful creativity.
    That walk across "The Heath" sounds so tranquil.
    Here is to health and happiness to you and yours Mandy!
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the Little Girl ornaments with their makeshift halos. Have a very Merry Christmas! And you get a studio?? LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decorations! That Danish elf is so cute. And of course the Madams...mine has her own special spot here! I am in the process of setting up my studio too, but not the huge construction process you're going through! I feel your anticipation...it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!!
    I just opened up my copy of Frankie (www.frankie.com.au) and was SOOOOOO excited to see a poster and other works from you!!! It was funny because I am wearing my "Cowboys and Indians" hairclips today and ran around to show everyone in the office your work - so they would understand why I love them so much!
    Congrads on the spread - it looks great in the mag!
    Michelle. (whoeatswatermelon.amrichard.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was it really 5.28AM when you posted M, gosh!loving the doll from one red robin!you have some lucky recipients of your gifts this christmas, which you source so well. And cannot wait to see the finished work on your lovely home, photos to be expected on your blog in January then,fingers crossed. It'll be worth all the upheaval when its complete Sarah (; i mean Mandy! love Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mandy, was so excited to see your illustrations in Frankie yesterday, the feature/article and poster look fantastic. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added you to my favorite links. I fell in love with that goofy little Danish doll and it had my mind going in circles spinning ideas off it. Your blog is one of those gifts I give myself.
    Holiday hugs,
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mandy,
    I am Lauren and i live in Australia. My boyfirends sister in law stumbled across your blog one time and told me about it. I like readign it and looking at your work. it's wodnerful. and then blow me down i bought the latest frankie magazine and there was a poster of one of your peices. a little boy and girl in forest with a toy duck! beautiful!
    have a wonderful Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do so love that raggy doll, good luck with the studio getting finished, it will be just fantastic I'm sure :) Merry Christmas, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I've just found you on Cupcakes favourites list and am so pleased I have! Isn't the Danish doll on your tree lovely! My daughter gave me one a few years ago, which now hangs from the key on our armoire.

    Your studio sounds exciting. I've recently had a shed built in the garden for all my vintage stock and I'm hoping it will also become a haven for sewing and creating, too.

    I'll come back and see how everything is progressing. Happy New Year.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the angels on your tree. Very cute.
    I saw you in Frankie as well - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

    情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

    情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

    情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

    情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室

    麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打

    麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online

    情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊

    ReplyDelete