Friday, 7 March 2008

1 Wedding & a Magazine Feature

I can't quite believe that this time last week Russ and I were crawling along the M1 motorway in the belting rain, on the way to my sisters Wedding in Yorkshire. It took us longer to get there than my Swiss relatives who flew in from Geneva (mind you their plane had to make 2 attempts at landing, the weather was so vile) Eventually & thankfully the 120 guests all arrived safely and the partying began!
Uncharacteristically for me I didn't take a single photograph, so until the official wedding photographs arrive I borrowed a few from relatives.

Aly, my little sister you looked absolutely beautiful & Jolly if there was a 'Brother-In-Law' catalogue I would recommend everyone order one of you!


Having been bombarded by my art all her life it was no surprise when Aly asked Russ to design the invites, but I couldn't butt out completely! she let me make the table favours (cute buttons) and table plan using Russ's design.



I also wanted to give the newly married couple a piece of art (that wasn't mine!) & thought the sentiment of this Valentines screen print by the sensational Rob Ryan was just perfect.


Russ and I stayed on an extra day at this beautiful house that relatives had rented & ate & walked & chatted & generally just had a bit of family time. Spring is here and it feels great.



So as you can imagin the week started quite flat until this arrived in the post....


A few months ago I was asked to draw an illustration to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Elle girl Korea. It is such a thrill to appear in Elle, especially along side such incredible artists like Eveline Tarunadjaja.




Whilst I was drawing her, I imagined a little boy at the party would shyly tell her "I like your Bow"


& "I like your Hat" she would say right back.


Both prints are now for sale in my shop & to continue the celebration of the newly married Mr & Mrs Humprey's with my lovely blog readers, anyone wishing to buy a single print or set of two can chose 2 postcards from my shop for free (saving $6) Just write 'Humprey's in the message to seller section when you check out, oh and let me know which postcards you would like :)

35 comments:

  1. Oh I can't get over how cute! Congrats on the magazine article! But even more...on your darling creation. These two are my new favorite. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being in Elle. That's a pretty big deal! And thanks for posting the pic of the screen print you gave the happy couple. I love love love it and am going to check out his other work RIGHT NOW!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so lovely! Your work makes me smile.
    jbxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, I love Elle!
    And your work is just so lovely, like straight from a fairytale :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. much happiness to the newly married sis!
    i love your artwork for elle!!... of course i do - you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mandy that is so exciting about elle girl - we are so proud of you... i love the little girl illo tooo..
    You're great you are!!!!!
    love a+j xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say...I simply just love to read your posts and see your wonderful art work.

    Your words some how match your work so perfectly...

    It's so amazing that you had your work in Elle. But with your talent is what can be expected ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the magazine. I love that piece, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual your illustrations take my breath away.
    I think we'll be seeing lots more of your art in other magazines in the near future!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on being in elle - i love that illustration! and i love that print you gave your sister & her new hubby! and those table favours are gorgeous too, made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute stuff Mandy! We too had a wedding last weekend in San Antonio for my sister in law and I forgot my camera as well. Well, I actually didn't forget it as much as I didn't remember to take any pictures. So, I'm patiently waiting on the wedding photographers returns.

    Lovely art and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your illustrations are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Mandy, congratulations on the elle pic .. its gorgeous .. i'm heading over to etsy to buy one for Una! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure the wedding was fantastic and I love your placecards!! I don't know how you think of these great things! And your illustrations are always fabulous... I'm sure other illustrators are looking at your work, in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s. I LOVE that papercutting print... it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. goodness, so much goodness in this beautiful post, my friend.
    congratulations to your sister and her husband...
    she looked ever so lovely on her special day!!!

    hoping we can catch up soon...

    love to you,
    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll add my congratulations on Elle Girl.

    The bow and hat are lovely! I would love it if a such a dapper fellow would compliment my hair bow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heard about your stuff from my cousin Sarah Jane,I just love it! Congratulations, These prints are great. I like her bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello- your world looks divine- and i just read that you like milly molly mandy- i love her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The prints are just so lovely - there's such a classic quality to your drawings - they make me think of comforting things like Enid Blyton and hot cross buns. A bit left of field I know but they're so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh congratulations. being featured in ELLE, what an honor.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Great that you have your work featured in Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI MANDY,

    IT'S KRISTEN (YOU KNOW THE ONE WITH THE FOUR BOYS AND THE TREE HOUSE PICTURE).

    JUST CAME ACCROSS YOUR SITE AND YOUR WORK IS STUNNING.
    IT IS A GREAT BLOG TO READ.
    WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!

    SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU WORKING A ON A PIECE FOR ME. YOU MAKE ME WISH I HAD A DAUGHTER WITH ALL YOUR GIRLY ITEMS SO I COULD PUT THEM IN HER ROOM.
    DON'T THINK THEY WOULD SUIT MY BOYS ROOMS UNFORTUNATELY.

    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE PICTURE. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT AS YOU'VE PROBABLY NOTICED.
    TAKE CARE
    KRISTEN.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on the article. That is an awesome achievement. I want to run right out and get it...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just found your blog. I love what I see and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. another cool blog, love it so much and tks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on the Elle piece! The artwork is darling :) Your work always makes me smile & wish my little one was just a bit littler !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mandy - sorry sweetie, but you've been dared!!! www.carrieyoung.typepad.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love your art!
    i'm Jo from Malaysia.

    i just bought a copy of frankie magazine(january) and saw that u were featured. was so glad i did, as i got your poster and cute samples of your work.

    wish i could purchase some stuff (not sure if u ship to m'sia at an affordable rate)
    but can i link you to my blog nonetheless?

    ReplyDelete
  30. i read your comment u left on my blog!
    thanks so much!very honored to have u drop by to leave a msg.

    that's awesome that a fellow Malaysian has ordered some of your work!
    i hope to own a piece from ur collection someday :) i'll start saving now hehe

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm from Melbourne but used to live in Yorkshire. If there is any more beautiful place in the spring time, I've yet to go there.
    This is the first time I've visited your blog but I'll be back as I think your artwork is just beautiful.
    Congrats on the magazine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm from Melbourne but used to live in Yorkshire. If there is any more beautiful place in the spring time, I've yet to go there.
    This is the first time I've visited your blog but I'll be back as I think your artwork is just beautiful.
    Congrats on the magazine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on the mag article!
    Your works are always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. We miss you! Come back to us, Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete