Sunday, 12 April 2009

I need Chocolate !

Don't get me wrong I LOVE running my own business, but on days like Thursday, when I have to make, package, wrestle with new postal prices, run to the post office (queue cos new prices have me all confused!) go through accounts, attend VERY important meetings (more about those soon, I promise!) & navigate the erratic tube, all you want to do when you finally get home is put your feet up & have a cup of tea, but you are greeted by this........


(& a very grumpy boyfriend who's work has constantly been interrupted all day answering the door to delivery men) you just have to take a DEEP breathe and work that little bit harder (& make your b-friend a very nice dinner!)

But that was then & this is now, a VERY HAPPY EASTER everyone, look who I found hiding in my egg !


& a HUGE thank you for all the wonderful feedback you left about the free artprint, it really puts a BIG smile on my face, when I read your comments, I apologise I can't always reply, but they do mean the world to me.


Also a lovely friend of mine, Amy has just started her first blog, she makes beautiful necklaces & lives in glorious Devon, she would love to say 'HI', you can meet her here

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I wondered where all the new visitors were coming from - Thanks so much hun x Would it be ok for me to mention you on mine too? Hope you are having a lovely weekend, much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you and Russ are never bored. Russ could do what my dog, Oliver, does and just show the delivery men some teeth. haha.

    Happy Easter, Mandy (& Belle & Boo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy easter!!! I just got back in town and I completely understand! I hope you've had a great weekend... you'll be hearing from me REAL soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Easter!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! You are featured in mine - in the section titled 'Blogs I tweet about' - ha ha - yes, I have a bird theme going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is just the cutest easter egg ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, it certainly sounds like some chocolate is needed! I hope things are feeling a little more relaxed now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally hear ya on the needing chocolate thing. Right now my MIL is visiting (from England!), so I'm lucky to have non-stop Victoria Sponge (with a raspberry and buttercream middle and a lemon glaze on top YUM!) and that is helping me cope with life.

    Now if only I had an Easter egg as cute as yours... mine only had a couple of Smarties inside. Not nearly as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate does ease a lot of stress doesn't it!

    Hope your weekend was still enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there Mandy! Hope the Easter bunny brought you lots of chocolates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh I know what you mean about the confusion and frustration of the post, I have trouble everytime I go then have to try and explain myself in Flemish!! It isn't helped that our post office was closed and is now run in a corner of the local supermarket! Anyway, I hope you had a chance to relax and have some chocs over Easter. Big Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to stop by and say how wonderful it is that you participated in the CCC auction!!

    Have a great day!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When it rains it pours, doesn't it? Well hopefully now that things have calmed down it is raining chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered your blog and I really love it! Your work is absolutely gorgeous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a great Easter and managed to have a bit of relaxation time.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Mandy, happy (belated) easter! i wanted to ask you .. i was thinking about getting one of your drawings tattooed on my arm.
    i wanted to ask you first if it would be ok? :)
    its one of the prints i bought from you ages ago, before Mia was born.
    hope its warming up over there for you - its cold-ish in Brazil! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. just wanted to say hi, hope you got all your parcels sorted and enjoyed your nice dinner, love the easter egg too!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. the painting, almost the very real figure Out of shape.

    chinese galleryhandmade painting

    ReplyDelete