Sunday, 2 August 2009

Geneva


A week ago today Russ and I were sharing a HUGE family breakfast in Geneva, followed by a gorgeously lazy afternoon at Ban des Paquis swimming, sunbathing and sipping Rose wine with my cousin & her family. Oh how the other half live, it all seems so much more glamorous than my live in London !

My parents house sit every year for a friend of my aunties & every year they invite us & tell us how much we'd lluurrvvveeeee the house. They weren't wrong, it is stunning everywhere you look is picture perfect.



I don't know about you, but I have this weird little game I play when I visit a new home "where would I have my studio?" It wasn't a hard choice in this house (it is currently used for ironing, I think even I might enjoy ironing in there!)

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful house indeed... like from an old fairy tale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We may try to live in Switzerland someday for a bit. I couldn't believe all the healthy looking people we saw there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...what a place! i like your little game too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. j e a l o u s !

    how lovely!! :)

    did i mention i am a bit jealous?

    i love europe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun for you guys! Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how gorgeous! Always comes back to 'who you know', doesn't it?! Glad you had such a lovely time. K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play the 'where would my studio be' game, too! Too bad my current studio is just the kitchen table... not so glamorous!

    Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful home Mandy, I loved the window frame. Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place! I'm sure you came back with lots of inspiration :-)

    L,
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Mandy,

    I've posted the giveaway for your journal on my blog! Just letting you know. Do share this with whomever you wish.

    Love & many thanks, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to read that you like our little Swiss-French area! Well, I'm at the other end of the lake, near Montreux and it's already quite different from Geneva.. I'm always pround when people say they appreciated their time here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just seen you both in junior mag!!
    Also bought 'i like your hat' from Paperchase for the littlests room. well done you too, your doing great!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geneva is beautiful; I agree. Have you been to Lausanne? The house is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How delightful..I saw one of your cards tucked into a pinboard on Red Direct (the Red Magazine shop), and in my local gift shop, Flux in Edinburgh.
    I have a new venture, a blog called http://apothecaryfox.blogspot.com, I would love you to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photos and glad you had a lovely time, starting to get excited about my trip now out to visit the family x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can defenitely imagine myself living in that house! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like a magical time! Cheers

    ReplyDelete