Saturday, 19 September 2009

Book Plates



We have wanted to sell book plates for ages now but couldn't find a supplier here in the UK (that was affordable) So thanks to the VERY lovely Sarah Jane, who gave me her contact, let me use her address for delivery (as they wouldn't ship abroad) & then organised posting 2 very heavy boxes, we can now offer book plates yipeeeee ! They are gorgeous quality prints & very easy to use with self adhesive backs, I couldn't be happier. They are now available to buy here and here.



Other news Sarah Fox has written about yours truly on her blog, you can read it here.

Belinda has had this incredibly Belle & a puppy tattoo done, she sent me a very sweet email explaining the reason behind it.



"I work with children in a kindergarten, and I think thats one reason I knew that I would never "outgrow" this tattoo, because I love my job and the kids so much. I think that's why I like your drawings as well. They really capture the innocence and beauty of Early Childhood - it is such a precious time. Plus, I liked that you named her Belle, and since my name is Belinda I quite often get called Bel.

I hope you don't mind that I changed the rabbit to a puppy - it was not because I didn't like your little Boo! It was because I wanted it all to mean something, and since we are not allowed to have rabbits here in QLD, Australia (they are illegal) I went for the puppy"

I can't imagin rabbits being illegal anyway in the world, no more Boo's, boo hoo!

& Amanda sent me photos of these 4 canvases she embroidered from my images 'My Favourite Spot' She is one clever lady. The detail is incredible.



19 comments:

  1. that tattoo is adorable.. what a compliment. illegal bunnies ?? how crazy is that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, the book plates are so beautiful, what a wonderful product idea. And that tattoo, wow! It must have hurt so much with all that detail but well worth it I'd say from looking at the result x faye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Belinda (the girl who got the tattoo!) Yes, it did hurt quite a bit but it didnt take that long (about 40 minutes) but I LOVE mandy's drawings so I thought it was worth it. I am still so in love with the tattoo - so I take that as a good sign!

    I know, bunnies being illegal is crazy, I would LOVE a bunny - they are legal everywhere else in Aus, just not in QLD - and the fine is $30 000, so I don;t think it is worth it :)

    The embroidery is amazing - wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book plates! I'd forgotten I used them as a child until seeing them here today. Happy memories of snuggling up with favourite books - Ballet Shoes, The Magic Faraway Tree, Alice in Wonderland, White Boots....;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That embroidiery is amazing. I love to embroider myself and would love the pattern ~ if she is willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Pamela,
    Sorry, I didn't use a pattern as such (after getting permission from Mandy to use her images!) I made the pattern myself from the series as featured in an Australian magazine called Frankie. I decided to use this project to teach myself to embroider - I hadn't actually done it before this and found out after all the things I did wrong!! It did take a very long time though, and some pretty sore hands and arms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those book tags or book plates? .. hehehe, they are very cool
    no wonder your work is so sweet and so beautiful, since you work around children that would inspire you every day .
    love the tatoo!! brave you! I hate needles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently found your blog while searching for tea party invitations, and am obsessed.
    You are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book plates are just beautiful. Imagine.....someone being inspired by your art to get a tattoo? Did you ever dream that would happen!!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. the book plates are simply fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what compliments!!! :) awesome awesome awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those book plates are divine!

    http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm really impressed!! the tattoo is wonderful!! and the 4 canvases are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came across your blog today from Happy Loves Rosie and loved what I saw. Your drawings took my breath away...so beautiful and reminiscent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those book plates, they're so sweet. Yes, it's definitely a crime that bunnies aren't allowed as pets up here in Qld.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mandy, I´m the happiest person in the world since my sister in law have brought to my new baby two illustrations of yours from Edinburgh. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the book plates and the embroidery set and the tatoo... all awesome! i'll be purchasing some book plates soon for christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG the embroyderi really inspires me!! maybe i'll try also. When i was young i used to improvise while embroidering, made me quiet :-)

    ReplyDelete