Monday, 16 November 2009

Magnolia Square


I must admit I hadn't heard of Magnolia Square until I arrived in Australia, but now I have, I am SO excited to be visiting the Sydney event twice. It starts this Thursday at 2pm at the Oaks Lawn Marquee at Randwick Racecourse



& is on for 3 days. I am meeting a friend there for some serious Christmas shopping on Thursday & then I will be there again this Saturday to sign prints and generally just say "hello". You will find me at Habitat Baby with the lovely Carla, from 11am.


If you are attending (& I think you should !) please come by and say 'hi' I will have a large stack of free postcards with me & I love making new Belle & Boo friends.


Oohhh & I just thought I would share this pic I took on the way to the pool, as it contains 2 of my favorite things, blue skies and 'where the wild things are' I am counting down the days :)

Also thank you to Tania for sending me this gorgeous picture & message

"My 6 year old daughter takes ballet lessons and will be performing in a recital in May. Apparently the music comes from "The 4 seasons". The ballet teacher asked the children to draw up a picture inspired by one of the 4 seasons. Caitlin was complaining that she didn't know what to draw, so I told her I knew a lady who did these wonderful drawings and that I would show her on the computer. So, when I showed her your "My favourite spot" drawings she fell in love with "winter". She used your picture as an example and I thought she did pretty well for a 6 year old, so I scanned it and attached it for you. Sending you a little snow for your christmas down under"

8 comments:

  1. oh mandy, can't you come to the melbourne one?!?!

    please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND the 6yr old's interpretation of "Winter" is so cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that drawing truly wonderful! Sounds like you have a busy but fun time approaching...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the child's drawing! I find your work very inspirational as well, Mandy. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special drawing, you must have been thrilled to receive this message!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are in Sydney! How exciting. I hope you have a fantastic time here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Glad to hear you are in Oz, hope to see you on Saturday at the Magnolia Markets. I just wanted to let you know that in a magazine here called" Shopping for Baby" oct issue, page 13, your "elle and the snow dove" piece is shown and on page 78, "My Favourite Spot" is shown. Congrats!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a busy but fun time approaching...enjoy!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete