Monday, 23 November 2009

This Weekend.....


..... Russ & I house & dog sat this little fella, Rupert. Our friends have just painted their house yellow, I thinks its so pretty, as are the agapanthus (one of my favourite flowers) that seem to grow wild everywhere in Sydney.



Their house is in Surry Hills; its full of yummy places to eat & cute boutique shops, I was thrilled to discover this paper shop and even more thrilled to see they stocked Belle & Boo (excuse the blurry photos I think my cameras was covered in suntan lotion!)





On the Saturday I had such fun at Magnolia Square 'hello' to everyone I met, you all made me feel so welcome. Carla's stall looked beautiful and our prints complimented her range of bedding perfectly.






It is such a lovely event, the location is stunning, there are even pony rides for the children & a very high standard of stalls throughout.



A special thank you to Lisa from The Red Thread for her inspiring words and of course to Carla for inviting me along.


I am very excited to announce I will now be attending the Sister's Market SATURDAY 5 DECEMBER from 10am-2pm at Brunswick Town Hall, with Allison from Lark. If you can make it please come along and say 'hi' I have a HUGE bunch of free postcards that will be exclusive to the market.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun time you had this weekend. Your weather is so bright and sunny while our is dull and gloomy as we head into winter. Your little dog sitting dog..Rupert is adorable! He really does look like a Rupert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the photos are soooo inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy, what a success your weekend was. I LOVE your friend's house and Rupert is just too cute :) How exciting to find your cards in that paper shop! I adore the stand at Magnolia, your art goes so beautifully with all the fabrics. Glad you are having a great time. HUGS, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, Rupert is sooo cute! glad you had a lovely time this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time I was in Surry Hills was about 15 years ago and it was considered a real problem area then so the fact that it's now full of boutique shops is quite ironic.

    It's great that you're enjoying your time down under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulation on your success. Every time I stop by you have more and more going on...awesome!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi honey, just came back from New York and had to send you a message to say that i saw some of your cards for sale in a Greenwich vilage shop - your doing so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog today, through "for the easily distracted". I love your pictures. It's not the Sydney I pictured, it's much better. Your work is so lovely. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those stalls are amazing! I hope you had a wonderful time. It's nice to meet another illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my sweet. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. You are like a national treasure over there! Your xmas cards look adorable.
    Thanks for your well wishes for Matt. Dreading him going although that is more to do with dealing with the kids alone with a pile of xmas orders than anything else. He stays on base so is super safe!
    Have a wonderful christmas in the sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little dog sitting dog..Rupert is adorable!

    Work from home India


    o

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mandy! It was so lovely to meet you and I really enjoyed spending time with you at Magnolia. (the inspiration was mutual!) Things have finally calmed down enough after the pre-Christmas mania for me to do some blog reading and I've just caught up on all your posts about Sydney and Melbourne - seems like you're having a ball! I'm glad you're enjoying it here.

    ReplyDelete