Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Photo Shoot

Yesterday was such an exciting day, I actually couldn't sleep properly the night before I was so excited ! Ellie our AMAZING photographer got us a great deal at a studio, we really were spoilt & the little children we used were perfect. I didn't take too many of my own photos throughout the day, for one thing my flash set off Ellie's flash & secondly keeping little children entertained enough so they don't mind you taking their photo is exhausting ! I haven't really mentioned too much about new clothes on the blog, I guess I have been waiting for the 'official' photos, but basically we are working with a British designer & our first collection has a dress, a pinafore and a cute blouse & shorts set, all based on my existing illustrations. I will explain in more detail at a later stage but for now here are some sneaky peek shots.

Kate steaming the clothes


The studio


Jess's lovely bed, which the children adored.


a funny papparazi type shot.


the amount of herbal tea needed!


& here are just a few of many fabulous photos to come (I have picked these few because they are cute, more photos of the clothes to follow)





Ellie is just putting the finishing touches to her website, so until then she is contactable at elliejhyde@hotmail.com

Also a friend spotted some Belle & Boo pictures in this lovely bedroom in Australia

20 comments:

  1. Your post is lovely! Look at those sweeties....
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh TOO cute, it must have been the most thrilling day Mandy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great surprise!!! I´m waiting impatiently to see all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids are so cute. And you found the bed you wanted, looks good. Can't wait to see the other photos soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad it went well, the girlies look so cute!
    My gorgeous prints arrived yesterday, they are absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to hang them at the weekend.
    Thank you so much,
    Jessx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And I love that room that the prints were in! Congratulations on it all! Now I really have to have a girl to wear that gorgeous pink dress!

    My little sis is a clothes designer (she has her own womens wear label and also works for a childrens clothing label in Melbourne) and so I have had a taste of those photo shoot days - it's fun but pretty tiring! Sounds like you survived it well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are so cute - hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. please shrink me so that i can fit in them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely to see behind the scenes!
    And the clothes are gorgeous...love how the bed
    looks with the cushions upon it too.
    Love kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on this achievement. What fabulous shots. You must be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats. I was wondering if you found that bed. I teach a Child Portrait class, so I know hoe fun/challenging working with kids can be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, children and clothes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your photo shoot with us- how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so exciting! congrats! such a big fan of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! check you out! i love that redhead, what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, those photos look great. It seems like I have been waiting forever to see them. But seriously you are killing me....those clothes are just too much. My little lady would look adorable in that pink dress. Best get saving.
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog about the apron and my shop will be opening 20th may. I would love to open before but I am getting married in April then my honeymoon/holiday is at the beginning of May and I want to be able to devote myself to starting up. At least I am able to stockpile my items while impatiently waiting.
    Micayla x

    ReplyDelete
  17. the photos look lovely! your illustrations are amongst my favorite, mainly because boo looks just like a sweet house bunny that i was blessed with for 7 years. she died shortly after my first daughter was born. i have a special place in my heart for her, and seeing your work always reminds me of her :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. The gal down the road from us just had a little girl - yeah - we can outfit her. Love the duds. Lovely pics. ~~

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, childrens clothing! It is fantastic. I will make sure I send the link round all my friends and colleagues. Hope you are well Mandy.
    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete