Friday, 19 March 2010

small & BIG

Ok now I know I start a lot of my posts with "I am so excited" but there is a lot for me to be excited about in my little world of Belle & her bunny Boo !
Today I get to blog about some very tiny Belle & Boo and some very LARGE BELLE & BOO
Here are 3 original pen and ink drawings I have just finished for an up and coming exhibition called 'TINY' at the LA based Gallery Meltdown. The exhibition opens on April 10th & the public will be provided with magnifying glasses to view the art works.
I will show the pieces in more detail once the exhibition is open, they are just 1.5" by 2" cute!


Now for the BIG stuff. You can now buy A1 and A2 size Belle & Boo prints, which I think is something to shout about.

Firstly the very chic guys over at 1973 have printed 2 different, A1 limited edition screen prints. Thats 594 x 841 mm -- 23.4 x 33.1 inches of Belle & Boo for your wall.
They have chosen Evie's Flowers


& simplified 'Belle Fly's a Kite'



Mine are at the framers as I type, I think they make a stunning pair. I find it easier to write that as somehow the screen printing process has removed me from the image & I can really enjoy them. Don't get me wrong I love what I do and I know if I walked into a shop & saw one of my images but it was done by someone else I would be the first to buy it, but I find it very hard too put my own work up on the wall. Does anyone else have the same problem? I have friends that hang their own work all around their homes and I think it is brilliant, it is not a modesty thing it just doesn't feel quite right ?

Anyway back to LARGE prints, we also have a new Limited Edition A2 Fine Art Giclee print available in our shops here & here. I did this art work when I was in Sydney for a very cool children's magazine in Hong Kong called Donut.


I took this classic Fairy advert as the starting point for my inspiration


& I am really pleased with the out come it makes me smile.




The edition is limited to just 100 they are signed & numbered by me & 10% of the price will be donated to Unicef's Haiti Earthquake Children's Appeal making them extra scrummy :)

20 comments:

  1. i love love your Girl -in-the-donut! ' That classic Fairy advert! has been a fantastic inspiration to you... Adorable art, again! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness where do I start! Bella & Boo look beyond cute on their donut! Those little mini creations are just perfect and wow what fantastic big prints - you have every right to be very very excited :) Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE Belle & Boo sitting there, full after eating yummy scrumptious things with pink icing to boot!

    ho hum ... if only i had enough money for everything belle and boo.

    you don't need me to tell you but you are so amazingly talented, that it is crazy... in the nicest possible way of course!

    L O V E

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post, overflowing with your wonderful art. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the donut ilustration! Too many things to choose lately... I have to make a selection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The donut girl is just stunning I adore it. The mini's are sweet as tropicana and the big ones are adorable. You are right to feel excited my dear.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Micayla x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely!

    Yummy donut gal, hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have got a lot to be excited about. The mini drawings look fantastic and my goodness must have been difficult to do on such a small scale.
    I completely get what you say about having your own work on your walls. I have one postcard of my work framed on the hall wall where I seldom notice it. I think one of the reasons I don't put my work up is becasue there are so many talented artists out there that I just haven't got the space to put my stuff up as well but also, you're right it just doesn't feel right, don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have got a lot to be excited about. The mini drawings look fantastic and my goodness must have been difficult to do on such a small scale.
    I completely get what you say about having your own work on your walls. I have one postcard of my work framed on the hall wall where I seldom notice it. I think one of the reasons I don't put my work up is becasue there are so many talented artists out there that I just haven't got the space to put my stuff up as well but also, you're right it just doesn't feel right, don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE all tings tiny...what a wonderful idea with magnifying glasses and all. So creative!

    The donut piece is so fun. I gained weight just looking at it...ha. Personally, I rarely allowed donut eating any more...but it IS the stuff of childhood celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything is just darling! i'll have to wait on placing another order, though. right now i'm VERY eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new belle & boo outfit for my little girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only thing I have on my walls is a mural I did when I was expecting my first child- over 6 years ago. Even with that I am bad about walking by it and thinking "what could I have done better?"- I am my worst critique!! I adore the smart little "Belle and Boo" twist you put on the Magazine cover, and the tiny drawings for your show! By the way, I did enjoy "Alice in Wonderland"- a little dark but beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You amaze me with your talent..I adore every last one...those sweet wee ones are amazing. Thank you for sharing...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is brilliant, all the news that is! The large prints, the tiny pictures and the donut image, LOVE That sugary pink, yum yum!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got every right to be excited :) Love them, especially the big ones. I really recognize what you're saying about putting your own work on the walls, I try it once in a while, but it doesn't really work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh those little prints are SO sweet!
    And I love what you have done with the doughnut illustration, very very cute :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. can you please be my new best friend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog - what adorable designs you have!! I'm so very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you have lovely work and they deserve a little wall space in your home. I have one wall in the house with my work on it.. they will be found no where else except there.. but my work is photographs so there is usually a fond memory attached and i like to look at it and reminisce

    ReplyDelete
  20. your artwork is beautiful. I love it. I would love that girl flying a kite for my granddaughter

    ReplyDelete