Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Freelance Designer Needed

I am not sure if I would have believed you if you had told me when I tentatively listed my first print on Etsy, that a few years down the line I would be working on Belle and Boo full time with a bunch of great friends and with lovely customers around the world.

A busy, growing business requires more work everyday & we now find ourselves in a position where we are looking to find a freelance designer for upcoming projects.

Could that be you?

Belle & Boo is all about vintage story books and classic compositions but with a contemporary edge. We are looking for people who are familiar with Belle & Boo and feel they could add something special.

What I'm really looking for is a mini me! ...someone who loves to: Design, Create, Draw, Photograph, Print, Package, Cut Out, Que at the post office (you don't have to love this bit!) ...someone who is: a stickler for detail, delicate but quick, good with typography & can multitask between a variety of on going projects!

I need help with: Typography, Brochure Design, Packaging, Point of sale, brand presentation & day to day tasks like re-sizing artwork and preparing for print.

This position would be perfect for someone that is looking for 1-2 days work a week, the job will be an organic process as is everything with Belle & Boo!

Unfortunately a major factor is location. To begin with it is essential that you can work next to me in my studio which is in East Finchley, North London.

You will need your own Laptop and be pretty handy with Adobe CS software ...photoshop, illustrator etc.

Please apply by CV, online portfolio and cover letter to: jobs@belleandboo.com

PS Can't wait to meet you.

20 comments:

  1. the successful candidate is going to be a very lucky bean indeed!
    would LOVE to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's a dream job. will jim'll be able to fix it for me to be able to draw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh forgot to say before, my little girl had a 'belle and boo' haircut yesturday. thanks for the inspiration, you're so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a tear rolls down my cheek. why do i live in cambridgeshire?! the dreamiest of jobs...well actually it wouldn't feel like a job at all. whoever gets hired is going to be so lucky! hope you find someone great for the post. i would happily stand in queues at the p.o. if it meant a chance to work with you!

    p.s. congrats again on making it such a success...you have a true talent and that's why belle and boo is brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I lived nearby and could apply for the job.....it would have been great! Good luck finding a creative soul mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unfortunate this is in London! I'm looking for a similar job right now.

    Please check out my website, just incase you ever need help with anything!

    www.kerriannhulme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I lived in London!
    Good luck with finding a great work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. me, me , me... oh. I live in the wrong country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an opportunity, if I wasn't trying to get my own business up and running or had a full time job too I would jump at the chance as I do live in london :)

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Wish I lived in London! SO exciting for you that you are expanding so much and that you will have some help with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I would dream of this job, shame I live in the wrong Country! Thanks so much for your email about Devon, I'll let you know if we get a trip planned. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fantastic, but sadly I'm across the pond. If you ever need help that can be emailed or uploaded, here's my website, http://www.mcswaindesign.com. I love your work, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHH! I would so love to work for you guys, I have a btec national diploma, level 3 in ART AND DESIGN and live in south east london, I know how to use photoshop cs pretty well but I just got a full time job...

    Oh well, happy employee hunting, can't wait to see more work!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I'd like to take you up on this stunning offer but I'm so far and busy, too. Anyway I wish you can find easily a mini-you, so Bell & booed.
    Have fun, ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, what an oppurtunity, wish I could apply but London seems a million miles away! I absolutly love your work as you may remember and aspire to be like you some day! I wish you luck on your quest, If anything else ever pops up I hope I will be in a better position to apply :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Damn! Bath is just a little too far from London, wish I lived closer! But hey if you ever need freelancers it looks like you'll be stuck for choice!

    Good luck finding that special someone!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a dream come true sort of job for me, but unfortunately, I'm located in Southern California, far too many miles away. Boo rats boo to that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mandy,

    Hope you are well...just wanted to say a quick congrats on the position you find yourself in with Belle & Boo, just wonderful!

    Hope you are well,
    Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was great to see the old printshop and everyone who works there again. I am excited to see a printing business still operating and growing, great job guys
    programmers

    ReplyDelete