Monday, 2 August 2010

Bristol, Books & Extremely Cute Tape

I am just about settled in my new home, for the next 2 and a half weeks I am house sitting 2 cats in Bristol. I am a few doors up from Suzie, round the corner from Tracy & Helena and 5 mins walk from the Bristol studio, it's all very convenient. I am currently working from an 11 year old boys desk, it's a new & interesting experience for me, this is my view.


I wonder if Simpsons characters are going to start making an appearance in my Belle & Boo illustrations, now that would be interesting!

Being in Bristol means I will be able to get my hands on a copy of a 'To Do' book as soon as that are finished, they are sssssoooooo nearly complete, today they are being bound & cut. The bad news is they will not be available to buy in our shops until mid September (sorry for the wait Annabel & thank you for my lovely postcard) To tease & tempt you meanwhile here is the front cover.


The book is called 'Bubbles Before Bed' it is a story book, colouring book & activity book all rolled into one as I said before it has been a years worth of work so I really hope everyone likes it!
If you would like to be contacted as soon as the book is available click here & we will add you to our growing list.
Another cute product available in September is new sticky tape, available in 2 colour ways which we like to call Paris Umbrella Sticky Tape (blue) & London Umbrella Sticky Tape (red) I was inspired whilst working on 'Poppy's Puddle' I just couldn't stop drawing kids in wellies and umbrellas.


Lastly Maggie did the draw on her blog & the winner is Jo who wrote this fab poem below, Jo if you haven't already can you please contact Maggie.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved the poem- I don't know an artist who wouldn't be flattered by that sweet poem! I also adore your new tape- I don't know if I could bring myself to use it. I would probably just sit it on a shelf to look at it all the time. Congrats on the book, can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen a sneek peek of the book on Twitter and ooohd and ahhhhd, it must be like Christmas to finally see all your hard work together in the book, it looks so adorable. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i'm so impressed! gorgeous items you have and I am now going to add my name to the list (for when the book is released!).and the tape? so in love with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tape is indeed extremely cute! The rain and the wellies are very appropriate for us up north.
    Congratulations on the book! It is a great achievement and looks adorable.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove the cover, very much looking forward to reading it. Enjoy Bristol, my chum has a vegan cafe cooperative called Cafe Kino which does the best falafel ever x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book looks wonderful. And such a lovely poem. I love everyting in the world of belle and boo. Even when my daughter is grown up I'll still be a fan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be purchasing the book and the tape when they are available, to be sure! I love the tape I already have (I am so glad that I invested in three rolls!). I've used it for so many gifts and things already.

    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is so exciting! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy...and I might even let Yashar look at if he's lucky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Bristol! I love the tape so much, but I think I'd save it and save it and save it - too precious to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to hear that the wait is almost over for us to get our hands on a copy of your book. I can't wait to read this book with my children. I know it will be absolutely gorgeous - in true Belle and Boo style.

    The tape is gorgeous. I think I will be doing a lot of my Christmas shopping with Belle and Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mandy i am d y i n g to get my hands on that deco tape.. probably one of each :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the bookcover is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the tape is to die for. COngrats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo i am diarising to order some tape online in Sept - so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fantastic, now I have a reason to be counting the days till mid September! Can't wait to see it and get it for my nieces. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect timing - just in time for my arty crafty daughter's 4th birthday. She'll love it I'm sure. Me too :-)

    ReplyDelete