Monday, 16 August 2010




What a lovely 2 weeks I just had in Bristol. It is such a great city, made even nicer by the fact that our Belle & Boo dispatch studio is based there & I got to be neighbours with Suzie, Helena and Tracy. They are all mums and are juggling work and childcare over the school holidays, so it felt good to be able to help out and do some posting and packing again. I do miss all that bubble wrap and sticky tape.
The Balloon Festival was on whilst I was there, which was very apt as I have just finished a balloon inspired illustration for a new Bristol based site, to be launched soon. I will explain in more detail at a later date, here is a sneaky peek above. I have never seen a hot air balloon blown up before, it was actually quite scary, we were sat just meters away as lots of people struggled to keep control against the wind, I was ready to run I can tell you!

If you do get the chance to visit Bristol I INSIST you pop by Lido it is officially my favorite cafe/resturant at the moment. It is lovely in the sunshine, but even prettier & more tranquil in the rain (I do love rain) & the tapas, yum.



6 comments:

  1. What ADORABLE print again! Have a lovely Tuesday, Mandy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting you...you always make things beautiful...love love hot air balloons xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. how funny...my old school friend's hubby (freddie bird) is head chef at lido : ) i have yet to go there but it looks fab! loving all the balloons...so colourful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I'm from Bristol and have never been to or heard of Lido... it looks amazing. Pleased the city was good to you. Look forward to hearing what the balloon illustration is for:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on all my favourite blogs again, love the peek of your hot air balloon illustration. Bristol does look like it would be a nice visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh that brings back memories. I lived in Bristol for my first 14 years and remember seeing the balloons floating above our home each year! Love your new pic. C x

    ReplyDelete