Saturday, 25 June 2011

Cool Camping


My sister Aly and her husband Jolly recently set up their own business called 'Jolly Campervans'. Their logo says 'go nice place do nice things' which I love and sums it up nicely. They own 2 new VW camper vans, which came from brazil looking like this


and then get retro-nised here in the UK, so they end up looking like this


Which is very clever as you have the look and the feel of the classic campers but with brand new reliable engines. I personally love all the details they have thought of, they can offer personalised itineraries pre-programmed into the sat nav, cosy crisp duvets and pillows so you can snuggle up and watch the stars, bike racks, expresso coffee makers. They can pick you up from an airport, train station (within reason) or drop the van off with you for free within a certain radius and can provide a drive away awning if you need that bit more space on your trip. I think they have though of everything!


Also what is great about it is they are based in the North of England, so it's a chance to visit some such STUNNING parts of the country, I think Russ and I are going to take one on a tour of the Lake district as soon as I finish the book.


Anyway to celebrate the opening of their site they have a very lovely offer for Belle & Boo followers, the first 5 bookings that are made before the end of July get a whopping 20% off the price and all other booking made after that before the end of July get 10% off.
What I mean by that is you need to make a booking before the end of July but that booking can be for any time of the year, does that make sense? I hope so ! Just quote "Belle & Boo love camping too" when you contact them.

Even if you can't take a trip my sister would love to hear from you, she is about to have a baby any day now and would like to keep her mind busy so visit her blog here and see photos of me and her as little kids camping, see if you can spot me in the group shot!

Also to get you in the mood check out Allison's brand new section of her website On the road all about cool camping, these are just a couple of things I will be taking with me on my trip.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you Mandy.

    Would love to hear any feedback on the website, blog and any suggestions from you, so please come visit us at www.jollycampervans.co.uk

    Happy Camping

    ReplyDelete
  2. would be fun to do an camper photoshoot with some vintage goodies..
    enjoy summer
    kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I've talked about the dream of making roadtrips in a retro VW many times :) Now I'll hop over to your sisters side :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little Lale suitcase. So sweet. This campervan business sounds great - I love the style of the old combis - but you're right - unreliable motors! They've rectified that issue most effectively :)

    I'm thrilled you found my blog and left a comment! I adore Belle and Boo, have done since I first laid my eyes on one of your gorgeous illustrations. So charming and whimsical! xx claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool business and they have thought of everything!
    Maybe one day I'll be able to book up.
    Wishing you a happy birthday sweetie, know it's around the start of July
    Love Kat xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have a 1969 camper called 'Rhubarb'. Ours has never let us down. 4 years and no breakdowns, they just take a bit more looking after. Sounds like a lovely business :)

    ReplyDelete