Friday, 13 January 2012

A Very Happy New Year

Hello everyone and a belated Happy New year, I promise I do have LOTS of very good excuses for my absence from the blog, the question is which one should I share first?!

The best of course.... tonight I get to write a blog post that I have hoped to be able to write for, well for a very long time, before I even had a blog and before Belle & Boo. Tonight I get to share with you that I am 27 weeks pregnant with not 1 but 2 little babies, all being well and no nasty surprises along the way they should be with me and Russ the beginning of April. We cannot wait to meet them and thank them for picking us to be their parents and for anyone reading this that thinks 'great another soppy blog post about some one else lucky enough to be pregnant' I just want to say I understand, I get it I really do and sometimes just sometimes mini miracles do happen.

I have bought precisely 4 things for the babies.






Can anyone guess what we are having?!!!!!!
I have had my eye on these gorgeous cushions for ages and they were the first things I bought when we found out the amazing news.

So that is excuse or maybe I should say reason no.1 :)

Reason no.2 is with twins on the way our 1 bed flat in London just isn't going to be big enough anymore, so we are moving. We have sold up and are moving this Friday eek! To a sweet 3 bedroom terraced house in Bishopston, Bristol that we have rented for the next year. It has been a HUGE and hard decision to leave London as we both still love it here, but economically and business wise Bristol makes sense and not forgetting I have lots of lovely friends there to help me with all my baby questions!

Reason no.3 I have had precisely 12 days to sketch out all the compositions for a new book!!!!!!!!!!! Final art work has to be completed by mid Feb so it can go to the Bologna book fair, to say the deadline is a little tight is putting it mildly.

So as you can see what with working, house hunting, packing and trying really, really hard to relax and rest I think we can all agree writing this post just 13 days late is actually quite an achievement.

37 comments:

  1. How amazing!

    Congratulations to you both.

    Hope the move and the remainder of the pregnancy goes smoothly for you!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I totally, completely understand about mini miracles - when you think it may never happen, it's hard to believe when that miracle story is about you. Hope you're feeling well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blessing. Good luck in the move. Can't wait to see the babies room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Such lovely news! I hope everything goes well, and you settle into your new home quickly. Sounds very exciting. Good luck with the drawing too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I too am a mum to lovely twins: a boy & a girl. After alot of trying and heartache, my little miracles happened. Love and best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy. Oh & make the most of all that free time while you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Congratulations! I know how much one wants to be a mom, so I'm very happy for you! Have you picked the names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing news ! am also mum to 11 week tiwn boys- double the love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! Congratulations! I hope this is the most blessed time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mandy! How wonderful!! I had tears in my eyes reading this, CONGRATULATIONS for the two of you, twins! (boys I guess?)
    I a thought you would end up in Bristol, never been there but will put it on my list to visit (we just came back from Stratford upon Avon, lovely too).
    All the best with the final weeks, enjoy it and good luck with the book!
    Big hugs, from me to you,
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your beautiful babies! What wonderful news. There is nothing more wonderful. This post made me cry happy tears for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You probably just heard me squeal all the way over here in Australia. I am absolutely thrilled for you and Russ (happy tears are flowing). Congratulations on your two little miracles. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful news! Congratulations!
    I am so very happy for you guys xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!!! That's a very good new!! You must be sooooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay and yay! Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for all the big things happening in your life! X x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news! This year is already bringing you an exciting new adventure and more to come! What a blessing to receive this mini miracle. It is more than mini, it is huge! Congratulations!
    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huge congratulations! Keep well x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, what wonderful news!!!! All the best to you and enjoy the last couple of months just being two! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful and best of luck with all the sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUCH wonderful news!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Mandy! Congratulations on being pregnant! That's incredible news. And thank you for acknowledging all those hopeful mums-yet-to-be out there (me included! Your little miracles give us hope :)

    All the best for the next few weeks, as you await the arrival of your bundles of joy. xxx

    -Megan (of the late great Charliemotel... I hope you remember me!) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such happy news, many, many congratulations to you both. Wishing you all the best with your big move to Bristol and for the rest of your pregnancy. Faye x

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations!
    your post brought tears to my eyes as well, particularly the line about "them picking us to be their parents". we just celebrated our daughter's 2nd birthday and i feel very lucky to be her mom.
    wishing you the very best with the remainder of your pregnancy and on your journey into parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many congratulations. And welcome to the South West. This area is such a wonderful, creative, beautiful place to live. I'm sure it'll be a great move for you and your growing family. We did the same kind of move, from London to Bath, just over a year ago when I was pregnant with out little boy. Best thing we ever did and we're now buying a place down here. Good luck and best wishes, Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations... thats wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations Mandy and Russ. Oh what amazing parents you're going to be! Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations x2! So so very very happy for you!! Had been checking your blog, and the thought had crossed my mind, but of course I couldn't leave a comment "hey are you by any chance...????".. I'm so thrilled to hear of your wonderful news. And you're moving too. Such exciting times. Take it easy though!
    xxx Tania

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!!! These are all wonderful news!! Hope you are having a peaceful pregnancy! Don't get too tired with the move! Hugs, Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! Such wonderful news:)

    Babies - Yay!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just catching up on your amazing news. Such a lovely way to start the year. Hoping all has gone smoothly with you move, exciting times all round. Congratulations..xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  31. Huge congratulations Mandy, what wonderful news. We couldn't be happier for you and Russ.
    Sheye xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! Don't forget to take it easy sometimes though.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am way late on this post... I am a fan of your work for quite some times, know your website but only discovered the blog recently!
    Anyway, congratulations for the twins, wishing you tons of happiness and all the best for your family! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just catching up on your blog and see your fantastic news of you expecting twins. Many congratulations they will amaze every single day. I myself have twin boys age 5 and another boy age 3. I find your artwork totally magical and inspiring and can just imagine how wonderful your twins nursery will look. All the best Anna x

    ReplyDelete