Friday, 25 January 2013

A Belle & Boo Birthday

I was lucky enough to go back to Australia for Christmas just gone and be there for my niece's first birthday. It was a gorgeous day attended by lots of family and friends and it looked stunning with all the Belle & Boo party ware , home grown flowers and homemade cakes and biscuits made by my cousin, sister, mum and I. 

Click the images to enlarge.



 Fairy bread, pink lemonade, cakes and sweets - who could want anything else?!

 As much as we would have loved a Belle & Boo themed cake, we couldn't go past this vintage Australian Women's Weekly piano cake as playing the piano is baby Eilish's favourite past time.  We used to pour over the cake book as children, and any Australian child who had a birthday in the 1970s/1980s had one of the Women's Weekly cakes. Pure nostalgia!
Eilish even tried to play the cake and seemed slightly confused when it didn't make a noise!

Lots of games were played, including Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Even the really little kids got involved although something tells me they were at a disadvantage.

All in all it was a really special day, made that even bit more special thanks to Belle & Boo.

We love seeing your Belle & Boo party photos too, so if you've had a party send photos to hello@belleandboo.com and we'll do our best to feature them on here!

Love, Clare
x

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! My Mum had the very same cake book and I too was obsessed with it as a child! She passed it on to me when my daughter was born and I bake from it often. Most recently I made the ghost cake for our halloween party!

    Love the fairy bread too, might have to steal that idea!

    Franky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great party! Lots of great ideas! Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely party! Nothing like family to help out baking yummy treats! That cake was a surprise, it made me smile as I picked the same one out once upon a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely baby girl, and what a sweet party for her. How was it to travel with your babies? We are planning a Hawaii trip in May and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the flight with my five in tow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the Belle and Boo party things are so lovely...but my favourite thing is Eilisha's rosy cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete